You could be forgiven for mistaking coltsfoot (Tussilago farfara) for a dandelion (Taraxacum officinale) from a distance,especially if you didn’t know that coltsfoot is the earliest blooming wildflower in northeastern North America. Can you tell them apart when I put them next to each other?Furthermore, coltsfoot flowers bloom without any foliage at all. Dandelions send [...]
- Sudden Freeze After Days of Warmth
- Snowdrops and Winter Aconites and More: Garden Bloggers Bloom Day March ...
- Forced Hyacinths
- Dragon Wing Red Begonia: Garden Bloggers Bloom Day December 2011
- New Flowers From An Old Friend: Garden Bloggers Bloom Day August 2011
- Queen of the Prairie: Wildflower Wednesday
- Bountiful Blooms: Garden Bloggers Bloom Day July 2011
- Time: The Essence of a Garden (Garden Notes, No. 5, 2011)
- Hitch Lyman’s Temple Nursery Garden
- What’s Wrong With My Juneberry?
- Hand-painted Adirondack chairs build community spirit in Clinton, NY
- Branches Bench in the Secret Garden
- When do I start tomatoes from seed in upstate NY?
- Hitch Lyman’s Garden Open to the Public This Saturday
- Siberian Squills From Seed
- Snowdrops Extraordinaires from the Temple Nursery Open Garden
- Winter Garden Design
- Tour Brian Bixley’s Garden